Friday 12 December 2014

ON A FITNESS THING


I have always enjoyed participating in activities and sports from a young age as I am the kind or person who hates to sit still. I like to be on the go 24/7 and get things done. It has only been in the past two years however where I have been going to the gym and eating slightly healthier  (I love my treats okay!), but I am one of those people who stops and starts. One week I am eating no junk, only clean food and constantly exercising, then two weeks later I have lost all motivation and sat in bed with a pack of Digestive biscuits and tea.

I have a lean body which somehow appeared when I had my growth spurt, I shot up in height and lost my baby fat. Since then I have been maintaining my figure by regularly working out and eating healthy majority of the time.

Now I am trying something different, I am calling this a new lifestyle change. I do not want to get stronger by only eating protein and exercising because I know I will get bored of the repetitive meals, instead I want to eat healthy, clean and balanced as well as continuing to work out.

I have learned that preparation is key. To maintain a healthy lifestyle you need to put the time in, prep your roasted vegetables, freeze homemade soup, have your leafy greens washed and stored in glass containers and even ensure you have prepared raw treats for those days you may feel peckish.

Below is my updated fitness regime which I have been doing for about a week now and hoping to stick by it. On the days I am late for the gym classes I will instead go for a 5K-10K run.

MONDAY- HOME WORKOUT
A Fitness Blender youtube workout
OR
5K to 10K run (uphill & flat roads)

TUESDAY- GYM
20 minute run (changing speed and incline)
10 minute rowing machine (level 10)
Arms and leg machines ( X3 of 15 reps on each machine)

WEDNESDAY- KETTLEBELLS
8KG/ 12KG Kettlebell

THURSDAY- 30 MINUTE ABS BLAST
12KG Kettlebell
10KG weight plate
Mixture of squats, planks, burpee's and movements with the kettlebell

FRIDAY- YOGA


SATURDAY- REST


SUNDAY- BODY BALANCE OR REST DAY
Yoga and pilates moves to stretch the body


MAKE FITNESS STYLISH:

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here.

Kiri x